- This event has passed.
Local Election Day – PLEASE GO OUT AND VOTE
November 2, 2021 @ 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
The following are 6 items on the ballet this year.
- Municipal Court – 2 seats (Wesley Buchanan or Kevin T. Poland) and (Mark K. Fankhauser or Joseph P. Sontich Jr.)
- Streetsboro City Schools Levy Renewal. There are two parts of November’s 5.1 Mill, which consist of 3.60 Mills for General Operating revenues and 1.50 Mills for General Permanent Improvement revenues. In terms of dollars, General Fund (Fund 001) operating revenues are approximately $ 1,683,934 and permanent improvement revenues (Fund 003) are approximately $ 701,639. Renewal operating levies generate dollars used for the operations of the district that have been budgeted for. Levy renewals happen due to a levy cycle. The renewal levies expire every five years. In order for the district to keep these levies active, once expired or expiring, they have to go up for renewal through voter approval. This 5.1 Mill levy is a package and therefore requires one vote by community members. The last time this particular 5.1 Mills levy was voted (and passed) was on November 8, 2016. This levy renewal is NOT a new tax. https://www.scsrockets.org/2021levyfaq/
- Portage County District Library ADDITIONAL Tax Levy (10 year commencing in 2021) Streetsboro City (except Streetsboro 4B, split 2)
- Local Liquor Option – Sunday Sales Wine and Mixed Beverages GHS Corporation Inc DBA Sammy’s
- Streetsboro City Board of Education 1A-D, 2A-C, 3A-C, 4A, 4B, split 1, 4C (Kristin Bedford, Robert R. Fulton and/or Andrew Gibson)
- Streetsboro City Council at Large (Jon Hannan, Chuck Kociscko, Steve Michniak, Justin Ring, Brian Salyer and/or Marvin Woods)